What should we wear for our family/group photo?
- I believe that your photos should reflect who you are, thus, the name “Mirror Image Photography”. Determining what to wear depends on how formal you decide to have your pictures, the location of the photo shoot, the ages of those involved in the photo shoot, and what makes your family most comfortable.
- There is no reason for each member of your family to wear identical clothing. However, avoiding multiple different patterns (ex: stripes, polka-dots, plaids, prints) will help keep the focus and attention on the your family, not your clothes. That being said, one of my favorite family photos is of a wildly amazing crew of seven in seven different plaid shirts.
- Brand-new clothing is not necessary—especially if young children are involved and the photo shoot is located outside. Clothing that makes you and your family members feel most comfortable to wear means you’ll be more comfortable interacting with each other, the photographer, and the environment resulting in authentic photographs--“mirror image” reflections of who you really are.
- Feel free to bring an outfit change as well as talk over clothing options during your pre-photography consultation.
How much editing is done to my photos?
- I am a firm believer in making sure that everyone looks their very best, therefore, basic editing such as cropping, contrast, correction of red eye, removal of blemishes, etc is standard practice. While I do use editing software for additional, special editing, I prefer a more “natural” approach. While it may look “cool” I’ve never met someone whose natural eye color is turquoise with a sparkle of pixie dust.
When and how do I see my photos?
- I ask for 2-3 weeks depending on the photo shoot to complete and prepare your photos. EVERY client receives a secure online viewing gallery from which to view, order, and download their photos. You are provided with a password which you may share with whomever you wish. Anyone who is granted access to the gallery may order or download your photos.
How do I order prints?
- Depending on your package and contract, obtaining prints of your photos varies. In our increasingly digital world, more and more of our clients are choosing to purchase “digital downloads” of their photos. From your secure online viewing gallery you may purchase and instantly download a digital copy of any of your photos. You may also purchase traditional physical prints through the secure online viewing gallery. My philosophy is that you are paying for my time and expertise as a photographer, not paying for my ability to obtain low-cost, high-capacity prints.
Do you shoot maternity or infant photography?
- On a few occasions I have done maternity and infant photography for friends and family. However, this type of photography is not my specialty. If you are interested in capturing these precious moments, I would highly recommend my esteemed colleague and friend, Amanda Isenhardt. Please check out her amazing talents at her website Amanda Isenhardt Photography.
How far do you travel for photography sessions?
- There are no travel fees for photography locations within the Metro Detroit Area. Outside of Metro Detroit, a travel/milage fee applies. We charge the Federal IRS Mileage Reimbursement Rate of $0.555 per mile beyond the Metro Detroit Area (see map here for what is considered to be "Metro Detroit")
- Since we have clients throughout the MidWest, we often travel beyond the state of Michigan. We happily drive to photography locations within an eight (8) hour drive of our Plymouth location. Photography locations beyond an eight (8) hour drive require special travel arrangements such as air, hotel, and car reservations as well as equipment transportation on a case-by-case basis.
Do you offer special pricing or discounts for brides/grooms who are members of the armed forces?
- Yes! Please contact us for special pricing for all service men & women both active and reserve. We are honored and privileged to be able to work with those who have sacrificed so much for us.